I am an executive coach, facilitator and consultant working with managers, leaders, executives to develop the skills and behaviours to inspire performance and drive results; achieve promotion; make successful career changes, be resilient and successful.
Within organisations, I help to facilitate better conversations, designing learning interventions which deliver practical and lasting solutions aligned to business strategy and goals.
Examples of my work include:
Coaching: with executives, managers, board members to support change, transition, talent, build leaderships skills, capability & capacity e.g at Merlin Entertainments, PwC, Datong plc, NHS
Leadership programmes e.g ‘Leading with Confidence’ with regional directors of Santander including 360 appraisal, strengths & resilience assessment action learning and individual coaching; ‘Leadership and culture change’ with senior managers at CPS, London
Skills development training: e.g ‘Mentoring skills’ with senior executives at Marks & Spencer ‘Coaching skills’ with senior managers at Yorkshire Bank, ‘Leading through empowerment’ with sales directors at B.Braun Ltd, ‘Team coaching skills’ with coaches at Deloitte
Mentoring programmes: e.g. with senior academics at Leeds University Business School
Collaborated with practitioners & academic colleagues on programme content & design of several university accredited leadership programmes e.g with KornFerry Hay Group and the Open University and facilitated them to managers and leaders
Invited to and delivered stimulating speaking engagements at conferences such as ICF & EMCC;, within organisations such as Chartered Management Institute & ACCA which received excellent feedback
To my work, I bring a deep insight into organisational cultures, learning, stories & best practice gained from working across industry sectors and in organisations from FTSE 100s to Universities.
Values and purpose led, my work is underpinned by a Masters Degree in Coaching & Mentoring, continuous learning and my top 5 Gallup strengths being Maximiser, Positivity, Strategic, Communication & Input
During my career, I have:
– Coached and supported thousands of professionals to develop, progress and achieve success
– Designed and facilitated hundreds of leadership, management & skills development programmes from bespoke & ILM accredited to post graduate university level
– Facilitated several hundred 360 feedback appraisals and action learning sets
– Led several teams through transformational change
– Managed over 70 staff providing support, stretch and developmental feedback
– Held several board roles including NED
– Changed career direction, transitioned into self employment and back into employment, returned to work after a career break
I was the founder of the EMCC Yorkshire Network and for the past 5 years, hosted Coaches Connect where coaches come together to share good practice. I am invited to speak regularly by organisations, clubs, networks and coaching conferences. See my speaking engagements here
Follow me on twitter @verawoodhead