A few days ago, this picture of Celine caught my eye. Instead of going to school, 4 year old Celine walks miles every day to collect water.
No school means no education – no opportunity to learn to read, write, have a better future.
Born in a developing country, I know what it is like to be poor, to have limited opportunities.
Education provided a way out for me. It broke the perpetual cycle of poverty and going nowhere. It provided me with so many opportunities, including:
– the ability to think for myself
-to learn and be exposed to new perspectives
– developing my potential to achieve things that I thought were beyond my reach
– and most importantly to build a foundation that continues to improve the quality of my life today.
Knowledge empowers. It gives people like me hope, ambition and a chance to be in a place / position that I could have never imagined possible.
I would like to give Celine and girls like her, an opportunity like I had. From 8-14 May, I will be walking 5 miles each day, to raise funds to help bring safe water closer to home, enabling girls like Celine to go to school.
To help me fund raise, I am combining walking with my skills as a coach and am offering 7 coaching walks during the week of 8-14 May in Leeds and around Wharfedale / Ilkley.
Join me on a coaching walk and help children like Celine to get an education
Together we will go on a journey where you will have the time to think, to talk about the issues and challenges that you are facing; to get clarity on what you need to focus on and the actions that you need to take.
Each day between 8-14 May, I am offering 7 coaching walks at a discounted fee. I suggest a donation of £120 for 1.5 hours coaching walk or £220 for a 3 hourcoaching walk.
Donations to be made directly to Walk in her shoes (you can do this anonymously as well)
Walks will take place at your pace, ability and at a mutually convenient time and are a stand alone coaching journey.
Those who have experienced coaching whilst out on our walks, have found that it:
- Calms and slows the mind down helping to streamline thoughts and open up new ways of thinking
- Helps them to be more creative in finding solutions to problems and issues
- Lifts the spirits and puts them in a better mood
- Fires up the senses, making them more aware of what’s happening within the environment and themselves
- Is easier to talk openly and be yourself
- Provides bundles of inspiration
To walk with me between 8-14 May, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
To help children like Celine get an education, please be generous and make a donation
Thank you in advance for your help
I’m an executive coach & leadership facilitator working with professionals to develop the skills and behaviours to inspire performance and results, achieve promotion, make successful career changes and succeed at work. With multi sector experience from PwC and Merlin Entertainments to the NHS, I work with organisations to design and facilitate coaching, leadership and people development programmes.