This week sees the second of my Thinking Big vision becoming a reality. Part of the Quest that I have set myself this year is to positively affect the lives of women in my community. I have started to achieve this through my voluntary mentoring work with women business owners and women who are moving into self employment.
I would like to extend this to have a greater impact and one way of accomplishing this is by setting up Women Ahead: Bradford.
This will be a new monthly event which fuses networking, learning, development and taking positive action to make a difference. It will bring together a cooperative of professional and business women to learn from each other, share their expertise and knowledge, inspire, aspire, and support each other and to take action to develop themselves, their businesses and the community of Bradford.
The format is based on sharing personal journeys in a safe space, acquiring new learning, different perspectives, with a commitment to taking action:
- Opportunity to listen and learn from someone who has made great strides in her business / profession and her journey (how she got there, what inspired her, challenges and pitfalls overcome, strategies/ tips that worked, advice. ..)
- What action will you take having listened to the above ( discussion)
- Structured but creative way to get know each other to build relationships, trust and support
- Food and drinks
- ‘How to …’ session: practical ways to help you develop yourself / business such as …communicating with impact, developing your brand… (group will decide what topics they want)
- What action will you take having engaged with the above (discussion)
- Feedback and close
It will be held monthly in Bradford at the Midland Hotel, from 5.45 – 8.15 pm and the only cost incurred is for the venue, food and materials, which is £15.
The first event will be held on Tues 3rd May. I would welcome your feedback.